Our Goal is to distill the ideas that generate better outcomes for regional communities. While thoughts and words are cheap, wrong thoughts, poorly grounded economic and social ideas, permeate though communities, businesses, governments and culture, ultimately threatening jobs, growth, and prosperity. We go about working to the promotion of the right ideas on the following premises:
- We, at NEFG, are fallible.
- We, at NEFG, can learn from anyone.
- We, need to be students of history.
- It’s harder to improve society than to make it worse off.
- We have no right to have our voice projected over the thoughts and voices of others.
- We rely on the market place of ideas to sort out the good thoughts from the bad, as anything else would require oppression.
We believe that our society has and always will stand on the precipice of profound social and economic challenges.
We believe that societies that don’t work for securing the future for future generations, both economically, environmentally, geopolitically and in terms of national defence, stand to lose the wealth that previous generations have stewarded for us.
We aim to work with communities and community leaders to address the threats to ongoing prosperity and development.